Opening Hours and Admission Prices
Following the latest government announcement we can confirm that we remain closed but are now working towards reopening in the week of 17 May. If you were issued a credit note or are an Annual Pass holder, we will be in touch with you directly over the next few days. Thank you all for your patience.
Normal Opening Hours
Hampshire Term Time
Monday to Friday: Closed
Saturdays and Sundays: 9.20am - 5pm (last entry at 3pm)
Hampshire School Holidays
Monday to Sunday: 9am - 5pm (last entry 3pm)
Admission Prices - save 10% by booking one week or more in advance!*
General Admission tickets allow full access to all of our interactive exhibitions, Bio:Space experimentation zone, Science LIVE demo area and our amazing free live science shows.
As we are operating a reduced capacity, all tickets must be booked in advance online and will include an arrival time slot. Make sure you have decided what extra activities you would like to enjoy, such as any Planetarium or free live science shows, as you will need to book these in advance as well. Please note that you will not be able to attend a show that starts before your entry time slot.
Unfortunately we are unable to take phone bookings at this time so all bookings need to be made online. We’ve created a handy booking guide to help with this.
Parking machines will be in operation as normal and there is a £2 charge for those using our on-site car park.
General Admission (1 week or more before visit*)
General Admission (6 days or less before visit)
*10% discount excludes bookings for October half term, Christmas school holiday and February half term dates. Bookings for these dates will be full price.
Please note that as we are operating a reduced capacity, some of our usual discounts are not available at the moment.
Visitors with disabilities pay standard rates but may bring a carer/companion with them free of charge where this is required to enable access. This also includes Gateway Card, Max Card and Yellow card holders. Carers must present one of the below forms of carer identification:
- Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter (dated within the last 12 months)
- Personal Independence Payment letter (dated within the last 12 months)
- A current and valid Blue Badge
- A letter from GP or consultant confirming the need for a full-time care (dated within the last 12 months)
For visitors who require more than one carer, all accompanying carers must bring documentation to support this.
Free entry for the whole family. Simply bring your foster carer card and show this at reception.
As we are operating a reduced capacity, all Planetarium shows need to be booked in advance.
Prices shown are per seat, per show and Annual Pass holders will receive a 10% discount at the booking stage. Children under 3 years old, sitting on an adult’s lap will not require a ticket.
Planetarium show with General Admission
Child aged 0-2 yrs
Free of charge if sitting on lap, but please be aware the planetarium is not recommended for children under 5 yrs. You may wish to consider attending a Chatterbox show. Please note some shows have age restrictions.
Gift Cards can be purchased and pre-loaded with any sum of money you wish.
If you would like to buy a gift card or have one that you would like to use to book a visit please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, this email address is monitored from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Winchester Science Centre Gift Card Terms & Conditions
- Validly activated gift cards purchased via Winchester Science Centre are redeemable in full or part payment for services or merchandise from Winchester Science Centre. Gift cards cannot be used for online bookings.
- Winchester Science Centre reserves the right to refuse the use of gift cards for specific one off events which are run at the centre.
- Winchester Science Centre gift cards may not be exchanged for cash, vouchers or as a deposit
- No change or refund will be given but any remaining balance may be applied to future purchases.
- The gift card will expire 24 months after the last use or balance enquiry and any remaining balance will be deducted.
- A Winchester Science Centre gift card remains the property of Winchester Science Centre.
- Winchester Science Centre gift cards are not cheque guarantee, credit or charge cards.
- Winchester Science Centre cannot be held liable for gift cards, once activated, which are subsequently lost, stolen, damaged or defaced.
- Winchester Science Centre reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time where it reasonably considers it necessary to do so (e.g. to change the scope of the gift card service, notify of the service's withdrawal or in the event of circumstances beyond its control). Reasonable notice of such changes will be given where possible.
Did you know that Winchester Science Centre is a self-funded registered educational charity?
Winchester Science Centre is an educational centre and visitor attraction. The charity is dependent on visitors for regular income to maintain the hands-on exhibits and run the planetarium cinema. As a charity, Winchester Science Centre is able to take advantage of Gift Aid rules affecting admission donations. If you are a UK taxpayer and you make a donation that is 10% more than the standard admission charge, then the Government will give the charity an extra 25% on top of your donation. It is called a Gift Aid visit. The extra money goes towards the upkeep of the site, building and new developments and is essential to ensuring that the charity can pay its bills each year.