Where will your adventure take you?
Check out our welcome video.
Interactive sensory maps
Want to get to know where everything is at the Science Centre before you get here? Take a look at our interactive sensory maps so you can work out where you'd like to go first. Where will you stop for something to eat and drink? There's so much to see and do! Where will you start?
Babies and pre-Schoolers
It's never too soon to start learning about STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths). The Science Centre's great for children from five to ten years old and babies and pre-schoolers love it too!
All our exhibits are interactive and low down – perfect for little hands to be touchy-feely. On the lower floor, there's a soft play area for the little ones. We've even got ear defenders in our shows to protect sensitive ears.
We are proud to be a breast-feeding friendly venue. Feed your baby wherever works for you both or if you would like somewhere private, just let us know. Got food or a bottle that needs heating up? Bring it to the Hub Café. There’s highchairs here and at the Hut Café as well.
We have baby changing areas and lift access between floors for pushchairs to help you get around. If you want to explore when it's not so busy, visit us after 3pm.
Top tips for your visit
Before you arrive
- Book your entry slot, your free science show and your Planetarium show nice and early to get the date and time that you want.
- Want a more relaxed visit? Book an entry time after 1pm.
- Dress for all weathers so you can go outdoors and explore nature in Bio:Space if it's rainy or hot.
- Pop some pound coins in your wallet for our parking machines. They take contactless cards but sometimes this can be a bit slow.
At the Science Centre
- Have lunch before 11.30am or after 2pm to avoid the rush. You'll also be able to take advantage of the exhibits when it's quieter on the exhibition floor.
- Grab a souvenir from the shop early on. That way you won't get caught in the rush at the end of the day.
- Did you complete the Humphrey the Humpback Whale rescue mission? Don't forget to collect your medal from the shop!
Spend the next 12 months making new discoveries with an annual membership. Get free entry, discounted tickets to The Planetarium and lots of special extras!
Daytimes will be fun-filled with six brand-new seasonal events, one for every school holiday. Experience all the thrills of the Science Centre’s awesome hands-on exhibits, live shows and demos plus extra activities - all included in your admission!
There's a brand new season of science fun on the way at Boom & Bloom! As well as all the usual Science Centre fun, there’ll be even more on offer to excite all ages, inlcuding an Eggs-travaganza Easter hunt. From 18th March to 17th April, inlcuding Easter school holidays.