October Half Term: Fireworks & Fairgrounds!
Dive into the fantastic world of fireworks this half term at Winchester Science Centre!
Half Term Activities
- What gives fireworks their different colours? Why do they go whizz and bang? Come along to our explosive live science show running at 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00 and (on selected days) 15:00 to find out!
- Children can get creative in the Invention Studio to create their own fairground rides using our recycled materials and electric components.
- Traditional fairground games
- Our Inspirers will be offering busking activities including a VR roller coaster, spectacular spectroscopy and creating fire from ice.
- Early evening film screenings of The Greatest Showman and Coco!
For further information about everything we offer here, visit our Plan Your Visit page.
Make your visit extra special with a visit to our planetarium - savings are available for those who book General Admission and planetarium tickets in the same transaction. Click here for the full programme of live, presenter-led shows and 360° fulldome films!
On offer over half term (24th-28th Oct; 31 Oct - 4 Nov) is an exciting, brand new type of family planetarium show that perfectly combines live theatre with the immersive 360˚ fulldome visual experience. You Are Here! is a 30-minute show is designed for children and their families. Be inspired to look up at the night sky and it could be the start of a lifelong adventure...
How to book
Book General Admission using the relevant online booking link below. All half term activities (excluding film screenings) are free with admission. Book at least 3 days in advance and save 25% on admission!
You will also have the option to reserve your free live science show, which we recommend doing to guarantee your place.