Finish the school year with a bang
- Explosive live science show.
- Spectacular Planetarium experience.
- Lots of time to explore the two floors of interactive exhibits. Check out the exhibit spotlights in Sound, Hearing and Vibration and Explorer:Space for fun ways to interact with our exhibits.
- Expert science Inspirers.
- Dedicated area to leave bags and picnic lunch area.
- 10am to 2pm on selected dates in July.
- Availble for KS1 (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2), KS2 (Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6) and lower KS3 (Year 7).
- Teacher previews and risk assesment advice available.
Find out more
Know before you go
Get ready for an action-packed adventure with our top tips. Writing a risk assessment? We can help with that too.
Plan your visit
Teacher preview visits
Get to know the site, complete your risk assessments and meet our team.
Get in touch
Explosive live science
Want to see science come to life? Want to see big explosions and wow moments? You can!
Find out more about the Science Theatre
We're a charity so we work really hard to break down any barriers to engagement. We're pleased to offer subsidies to the following schools:
State-funded schools (including academies, multi-academy trusts, free schools and University Technology Colleges) - 12% subsidy
Our selected priority schools and all schools who have 17% or more students who receive free school meals - 60% subsidy
Don't forget to check out the different ways to support your financial and travel expenses. The South Downs National Park have some great options available and we're part of the Great British School Trip bursary scheme.
Student - 12% subsidy
Student - 60% subsidy
Book an educational visit earlier in the year and save 10% on your summer celebration booking
Save 10% with our schools packages
Book an educational visit to Winchester Science Centre and save 10% on a second school activity.
Savings can be made on a summer celebration visit, an in-school workshop experience or a Mobile Planeatrium visit to your school.
Offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time. See our full terms and conditions for more information.
Accessibility information for educational visits
We can make changes to educational visit to suit the needs of your children. We can offer a relaxed Planetarium screening. We'll give you visual supports for SEND and EAL pupils. We'll also send you pre-teaching resources before you visit.
If there are any other ways we can help or if you want to talk about individual needs, just ask our accessibility team. We're all here to help.