The Solar System and Beyond (live)
Live, presenter-led show｜35min (+Q&A on request)｜Key Stage 2-3 Science.
Starting at the night sky, then looking at the solar system before finding out what is beyond, this show gives an inspiring and engaging overview of astronomy.
The show includes:
- The Sun - it is a star, and a sphere; we should not look directly at this; watching it set in the west
- Day and night caused by the Earth spinning
- The Moon
- Other planets - discussing what they are formed from (solids, liquids, gases) and noting their relative sizes. Orbits around the Sun
- Our Sun as one star in the Milky Way galaxy
- Other galaxies, including imagery from the Hubble Space Telescope to explain how we know they are there
We also offer an extended, adapted Key Stage 3+ version of this show - enquire for details.