SEND group visits
Winchester Science Centre regularly welcomes groups with special educational needs and disabilities. We are committed to maximising access to provide a rewarding visit for all. Please email email@example.com to discuss your specific needs with us prior to your visit to ensure the best possible experience on the day.
The Science Centre's facilities include:
- Disabled bays for minibuses and coach drop off area near front entrance, with short flight of steps or ramped tarmac route to main entrance
- Six well-located spaces for wheelchair users in the planetarium
- Roll-on roll-off lift between the two floors of the exhibition
- Accessible lavatories on each floor
We want special needs groups to be able to have a wonderful planetarium experience. We recommend one of our relaxed shows (labelled with an R), as these are designed to be welcoming and inviting to those with sensory sensitivities and their loved ones. Adjustments include:
- Lights left on low
- Sound turned down
- Freedom to move around and sit where you like
- Freedom to leave and re-enter the theatre
Our Chatterbox shows are also ideal as the audience are welcome to call out and ask questions.
On school days, there is the option to request a private show. This can include requests for lighting and/or sound levels appropriate to the audience. Minimum charge applies, please ask for details.
We recommend that groups take advantage of our advance online booking discount. Save 25% on General Admission when booking at least three days in advance or 10% when booking the day before. Find out more about admission to the Science Centre here.
Planetarium hire & shows can also be added (see schedule here*) – shows cost £3.50 per person when added to General Admission. Groups enjoy free entry for coach drivers, and are welcomed on arrival to the Science Centre.