It’s trick or treat season and we’re pulling out all the stops to make this one full of science treats! From Saturday 7th to Monday 30th October, as well as all the usual Science Centre fun, there’ll be even more on offer to excite all ages.
Join Skully the skeleton for a fiendishly fun trick or treat trail around the Science Centre. Swap spooky scares for frightfully fun science facts about the perhaps not-so-creepy creatures associated with the season of frights.
On your adventures around the Centre why not stop the Inspirers and ask for a trick or treat. They’ve got a whole host of spooktacular science up their sleeves and they're ready to teach you how to do it too!
Monster mini disco
Little monsters, witches and werewolves it’s time to put on your best Halloween costumes and hit the dance floor! Every day during October half term (20th to 30th October) we’ll be hosting the mini monster disco at 4pm in Science Live. There’s even a prize for the best Halloween outfit. What are you waiting for, get your dancing shoes ready!
Can You Stomach It?
Discover the science behind the oozes, squelches and gurgles of our digestive system in free live science show, Can You Stomach It?. Through exciting experiments, follow the slurps, squelches and squishes of our food’s digestive journey from our mouth, through the stomach, around the intestines and then out the other end!
We'll be blasting into space. In live show, Solar System Adventure, you’ll start on Earth under a blanket of stars before being whisked into orbit to explore the awesome scale of the Solar System. Or how about heading off on the biggest journey of your life to discover more in Galaxies, our second live Planetarium show of the season. And in subtitled film show, We Are Astronomers, join former Doctor Who star David Tennant as he narrates the story of how the world's astronomers work together.
Please note, the Planetarium has an additional £4 charge per person (under 3s are free).
And so much more…
Don’t forget all the other hands-on fun! Discover more about sound, hearing and vibration on the upper floor. Climb inside a giant guitar. Explore the acoustic rocket. And even learn some British Sign Language. On the lower floor families can discover more about what it’s like to live and work in space in the interactive space zone, Explorer:Space.
Daytime seasons still to come:
- Enjoy trick or treats at Science Spooktacular (7th to 30th October).
- Experience the sights and sounds of Christmas past with the return of the hugely popular Science Dino-mite (2nd December to 7th January).
- Head outside with an astronomy expert and discover the stars at Night Sky Live.
- Experience a unique movie night under the stars of the Planetarium at Starlight Cinema.
- Why should the kids have all the fun? Live science and explosive demos at the adults only Science Lates.
- Are you curious about the world of science? Science Explained might just have the answer!
Around the Science Centre
As well as an explosive free science show and spectacular Planetarium shows, don't miss out on all this:
- Discover the minibeasts and bugs of the South Downs National Park both inside and outside in our Bio:Space nature discovery area
- Eat a picnic outside in the sunshine
- Follow the spotters trail to the Butterfly Conservation reserve
- Be wowed by massive immersive exhibits, including a 10-metre giant playable guitar
- Get hands-on with out-of-this-world hands-on exhibits in Explorer:Space
- Watch epic live demos in Science Live