Lightning, Blizzards & Fire Tornadoes
It’s a well-known fact that as a nation we love to talk about the weather. But what about the science behind it? Winchester Science Centre will be exploring exciting extreme weather this November!
- Discover extreme weather in a dramatic live science show exploring everything from terrific tornadoes to electrifying lightning - shows will take place at 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00 & 15:00
- Inspirers will be roaming the exhibition floor with exciting busking activities including 'make your own cloud'
- Make your own weather vane in the Invention Studio
- Investigate extreme coastal flooding with the University of Southampton SOCO group and their awesome storm surge tank - build your own flood defences and see if you can beat the wave! Available 11 November.
- Meet the experts! Meteorologists from the Met Office will be on-site on 17 November to answer all your burning questions.
For further information about everything we offer here, visit our Plan Your Visit page.
Make your visit extra special with a visit to our planetarium - savings are available for those who book General Admission and planetarium tickets in the same transaction. Click here for the full programme of live, presenter-led shows and 360° fulldome films!
How to book
Book General Admission using the relevant online booking link below. Book at least 3 days in advance and save 25% on admission!
You will also have the option to reserve your free live science show, which we recommend doing to guarantee your place.