Holiday Club with Bright Sparks
A science-themed holiday club for children age 5 - 9 years old based at Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium. Up to 24 children will be able to enjoy an exciting daily programme of science-themed activities utilising the Centre, its surrounding green spaces and workshop rooms. Activities will include creating and running experiments, physical and mental games and challenges and arts-based activities to help explore and explain the world around us.
Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium is committed to sparking curiosity in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). This school holiday club is designed to enhance a child's understanding of STEM in a fun, engaging and memorable way.
February Half Term Holiday Club
Monday 18 - Friday 22 February
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 16:00.
A breakfast and afternoon club is available for those requiring extended childcare from 08:00 - 09:00 and 16:00 - 18:00.
A full schedule, including a day-by-day breakdown of activities is available to download here.
Week cost: £165
Day cost: £35
Breakfast club (08:00 - 09:00): £2 per child per day
Afternoon club (16:00 - 18:00): £3 per child per day
*Lunch box: £4.75 per child per day or children are welcome to bring their own packed lunch and snacks
*Please do not include nuts or nut-based products in packed lunches.
Annual Pass holders will benefit from a 10% discount. Please use discount code 'ANNUALPASS10' - you will be required to provide your Annual Pass number when completing the registration form.
- Childcare vouchers - unfortunately we are unable to accept childcare vouchers.
- Age restriction - the club is strictly for children age 5 - 9 years old.
- Breakfast club - breakfast will be provided although children are welcome to bring their own.
- Afternoon club - a snack will be provided although children are welcome to bring their own. The afternoon club will be a relaxed session.
- Refreshments - children are welcome to bring their own lunch and snacks. Lunch boxes can be ordered at time of booking, these will contain a children's sandwich, drink and 3 snack items.
Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium will:
- Deliver a full day of interactive, hands-on science workshops for children, between 9am and 4pm and extended childcare as required from 8am - 9am and 4pm - 6pm on the specified dates.
- Supply two trained instructors to run the workshops. Instructors are all enhanced DBS checked, fully trained on the equipment, including awareness of risk assessments and COSHH where applicable, and have completed an online safeguarding children course.
- Take responsibility for the safeguarding and protection of the children from the moment the children are signed-in each day until the designated parent or guardian collects them.
How to book
Please note: before a child can join our holiday club, a parent/guardian will be required to complete an enrolment form. This form will be available to complete on the first day your child attends.
Holiday Club is now fully booked on Thursday 21 February.
The Holiday Club is organised in association with Bright Sparks Science CIC & Events Ltd