Holiday Club with Bright Sparks
A science-themed holiday club for children age 5 - 9 years old based at Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium. Children will be provided with an exciting daily programme of science-themed activities utilising the Centre, its surrounding green spaces and workshop rooms. Activities will include creating and running experiments, physical and mental games and challenges, and arts-based activities to help explore and explain the world around us.
Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium is committed to sparking curiosity in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). This school holiday club is designed to enhance a child's understanding of STEM in a fun, engaging and memorable way.
Holiday Dates and Activity Schedule
October Half Term
Monday 28 October - Friday 1 November
View the daily activity schedule here.
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 16:00.
Extended childcare from 08:30 - 09:00 and 16:00 - 17:30 can be booked as optional extras. Please be aware that this is a new offer from Easter 2019 with some important changes, see FAQs for details.
Week cost: £175 (5-day week), £140 (4-day week)
Day cost: £37
Early drop off (08:30 - 09:00): £2 per child per day - breakfast is not provided but your child is welcome to bring a packed breakfast* to have at this time.
Afternoon club (16:00 - 17:30): £6 per child per day
Lunch box: £4.75 per child per day or children are welcome to bring their own packed lunch* and snacks*
*Please do not include nuts or nut-based products.
Annual Pass holders will benefit from a 10% discount. Please use discount code 'ANNUALPASS10' - you will be required to provide your Annual Pass number when completing the registration form.
- Childcare vouchers - unfortunately we are unable to accept childcare vouchers.
- Age restriction - the club is strictly for children age 5 - 9 years old.
- Early drop-off - breakfast will NOT be provided although children are welcome to bring their own.
- Afternoon club - a snack will be provided although children are welcome to bring their own. The afternoon club will be a relaxed session.
- Refreshments - lunch boxes can be ordered at time of booking, these will contain a children's sandwich, drink and 3 snack items. Children are welcome to bring their own lunch and snacks.
Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium, through our provider Bright Sparks, will:
- Deliver a full day of interactive, hands-on science workshops for children, between 09:00 and 16:00 and extended childcare as required from 08:30 - 09:00 and 16:00 - 17:30 on the specified dates.
- Supply two trained instructors on a ratio of 1:8 to run the workshops. Instructors are all enhanced DBS checked, fully trained on the equipment, including awareness of risk assessments and COSHH where applicable, and have completed an online safeguarding children course.
- Take responsibility for the safeguarding and protection of the children from the moment the children are signed-in each day until the designated parent or guardian collects them.
How to book
Please note: before a child can join our holiday club, a parent/guardian will be required to complete an enrolment form. This form will be available to complete on the first day your child attends.
The Holiday Club is organised in association with Bright Sparks Science CIC & Events Ltd