We can't wait to welcome you to your Ultimate STEM School Trip!
Watch our video and read our top tips for help planning your day. Download our handy risk assessment guide. And find out more about what's in store in our workshops.
Top tips for planning your day
- Our school trip runs from 10am to 2pm. Don't be late as during that time you will be given a set itinerary and you'll miss out on all the fun if you arrive late.
- Coaches have their own designated area in our car park and parking is free! If your coach isn't staying for the whole day, please remind the driver to return by 2pm for your pick up.
- Children are welcome to bring mobile phones. However, we ask that they are not used during our hands-on workshops or in The Planetarium. We do not have a secure area to keep them throughout the day, so they are the responsibility of the child.
- Groups in workshops and The Planetarium should be supervised by at least two school staff members at any time. This is to ensure supervision can continue if one staff member should need to leave the room.
- We strongly advise that students wear their normal school uniform. There will be other schools in the building during your visit so this will make them identifiable.
- Our café is not open during school visits for food or hot drinks. So don't forget to bring lunch for all the children and adults in your group. We also recommend bringing along a refillable water bottle as we have cold water taps available on both floors.
- We’ve got two floors of exciting and action-packed STEM fun waiting for you at the Science Centre. Check out our interactive sensory map before you visit. We’ve got a special one just for schools.
- On the top floor you will find our entrance, the Planetarium, first aid room and toilets. There’s lots of exciting sound, hearing and vibration interactive exhibits for self-led exploration here too.
- The Hub café is also on the top floor. Your school might be assigned tables here for your 30 minute lunch break. Remember to bring your own food though because the café is not open during school visits. You’ll find the exit and the Science Shop on this floor too.
- Don’t forget to let us know before your visit if you want to shop. It is open between 12pm and 2pm.
- Your workshop takes place on the lower floor in one of our four classrooms. There are more lunch tables on this floor too.
- Your group can also blast off into space on the lower floor. Our self-led Explorer:Space interactive zone can be found here.
- We have one disabled toilet on the top floor and one disabled and one Changing Places toilet on the lower floor. They are through the doors in Explorer:Space.
Need help writing your risk assessment?
Don't worry, we've got some great tips and advice.
What's in store for you in our 45-minute Discovery Workshops?