School visits 2017/18
We believe the best school visits are the ones that combine time exploring the hands-on science exhibits with a live, presenter led planetarium show and STEM workshop, which is why our new schools offer, available from September 2018, is an all-inclusive experience. Schools visiting summer term 2017/18 will need to book general admission and add a workshop and planetarium show.
Plan your visit - choose from the following activities
School admission includes entry to the hands-on science exhibits. To make the most of your day out we highly recommend adding a planetarium show and workshop.
- select one of our live or pre-recorded planetarium shows
- select one of our curriculum-linked workshops
As an educational charity we are pleased to provide substantially reduced admission fees and excellent value workshops and shows for schools. These rates are available on weekdays during term-time, from 10am to 4pm.
How to pay
We will invoice your school following your visit. If it is more convenient to bring payment on the day, please do so. Should you require any additional items to be charged to the school, for instance items from the shop, please let us know and these can be added to your invoice.
Child Exhibition Entry (normally £8.40)
Accompanying adults free (normally £12)
£4.15 per pupil
£4.98 per pupil
Planetarium Show when entering exhibition
£1.75 per person
£2.10 per person
Planetarium Show without exhibition entry (excludes cafe & picnic areas)
£4 per person
£4.80 per person
Workshops & Science Shows (individually priced, accompanying adults free)
From £1.50 per pupil
From £1.80 per pupil
Minimum charge per activity
45 minute workshop - £40.00
90 minute workshop - £80.00
45 minute Invention Studio - £22.50
Planetarium show - £50.00
How to book
Our school bookings team can recommend an itinerary that will work best for your group. So that we have all the information we need to hand, please complete the online booking enquiry form linked below. Alternatively, if you would like to contact a member of our team directly email email@example.com or call 01962 891 942 / 01962 891 903.
Cancellation and booking terms
We will invoice your school after your visit, for the number of people present on the day. If these differ from your booking by more than 20 people, you will be invoiced for the full amount as agreed at time of booking.
If you need to cancel your booking, the following charges apply.
- Less than 2 weeks from date of visit: 100% of original booking value.
- Less than 1 month and greater than 2 weeks from date of visit: 75% of original booking value.
- Less than 2 months and greater than 1 month from date of visit: 50% of original booking value.
- Over 2 months from date of visit: £50 (£60 inc VAT), refundable if visit is rebooked at the time of cancellation to take place within 6 months of the original visit.
- If cancellation or substantial changes have to be made because of situations outside your control, for example bad weather or illness, then, provided the booking is rescheduled for a date within 6 months, the cancellation charge will be waived.
By making a booking you are agreeing to the terms and conditions above.