NEW Schools Offer
The ultimate STEM school trip is here!
We are delighted to offer schools a brand new all-inclusive experience guaranteed to spark curiosity and ignite passion and enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). We have developed a bespoke package for KS1 - KS3 that includes a themed workshop, live planetarium show and interactive space challenge led by the Curiosity Team and time for students to explore the hands-on exhibition.
Planning your school visit just got easier
Our new all-inclusive approach to school visits means every school trip will include each of the following activities:
- Discover Workshop - choose from six curriculum-linked themes
- Planetarium Show - a new presenter-led, live show featuring the stars and planets adapted to meet the needs of the age group
- Space Challenge - a guided mission through Explorer:Space, a new interactive zone (opening summer 2018)
- Explore the exhibits - students will have an allocated time to enjoy the much-loved hands-on exhibition.
The workshop, planetarium show and space challenge will be adapted to suit the age and ability of your group. All you need to do is decide which of the Discover Workshops you'd like to book. Once you know this please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be in touch with you to arrange your visit.
Choose your Discover Workshop
|Discover: Destination Space||Explore the Universe from the comfort of your home planet. Look at the Webb Telescope and learn how light is used in telescopes to explore the Universe beyond our reach.|
|Discover: Life||Meet the best problem solvers on the planet. Investigate and discover how life has adapted and evolved over time.|
|Discover: Matter||The states of matter and smart materials are investigated through screaming dry ice, slime and home-made bouncy balls!|
|Discover: Robots||Obstacles are no barrier in this team-based session where robots will be programmed to complete maths-based challenges.|
|Discover: Rockets||Calling all engineers, discover how to become a rocket scientist by building and modifying your teams own rocket.|
|Discover: Sound||From earthquakes to the humble triangle this interactive and inventive workshop will explore the physics of sound by students creating their own musical instruments and experimenting with some truly unusual ways of making sound.|
Winchester Science Centre is run by an educational charity, with a mission to 'build science capital for all'. We want to make visiting the Science Centre available to everyone and to help with this we have a benefit-based pricing structure. All schools benefit from a 20% discount on equivalent general entry. We have one admission price for students and accompanying adults attend for free. Discounts are provided for state-funded schools, schools with above average number of students receiving free school meals and our priority schools.
Standard school rates:
Discounted rates for eligible schools
State-funded schools (including academies, multi-academy trusts, free schools, faith schools and University Technology Colleges)
Winchester Science Centre priority schools and any school with 14% or more students receiving free school meals.
How to book
Our school bookings team can recommend an itinerary that will work best for your group. So that we have all the information we need to hand, please contact a member of our team directly by emailing email@example.com or call 01962 891 942 / 01962 891 903.
Cancellation and booking terms
We will invoice your school after your visit, for the number of people present on the day. If these differ from your booking by more than 20 people, you will be invoiced for the full amount as agreed at time of booking.
If you need to cancel your booking, the following charges apply.
- Less than 2 weeks from date of visit: 100% of original booking value.
- Less than 1 month and greater than 2 weeks from date of visit: 75% of original booking value.
- Less than 2 months and greater than 1 month from date of visit: 50% of original booking value.
- Over 2 months from date of visit: £50, refundable if visit is rebooked at the time of cancellation to take place within 6 months of the original visit.
- If cancellation or substantial changes have to be made because of situations outside your control, for example bad weather or illness, then, provided the booking is rescheduled for a date within 6 months, the cancellation charge will be waived.
By making a booking you are agreeing to the terms and conditions above.