Summer Holiday Club
A brand new science-themed summer holiday club for children age 5 - 12 years old based at Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium. Up to 20 children will be able to enjoy an exciting weekly or daily programme of science-themed activities utilising the Centre, its surrounding green spaces and workshop rooms. Activities will include creating and running experiments, physical and mental games and challenges and arts-based activities to help explore and explain the world around us.
Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium is committed to sparking curiosity in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). This summer holiday club is designed to enhance a child's understanding of STEM in a fun, engaging and memorable way. Each week will focus on a different theme and no two days are the same.
Week 1, 24 - 28 July: It's Alive
Week 2, 31 July - 4 August: Bodyology
Week 3, 7 - 11 August: Planet Earth
Week 4, 14 - 18 August: Fantastic Physics
Week 5, 21 - 25 August: Crazy Contraptions
Week 6, 29 August - 1 September: Science at Work (only 4 days due to bank holiday)
Monday - Friday, 9am - 4pm
A breakfast and afternoon club is available for those requiring extended childcare from 8am - 6pm.
Week cost: £165*
Day cost: £35**
Breakfast club (8am-9am): £2 per child per day
Afternoon club (4pm-6pm): £3 per child per day
Lunch box: £4.75 per child per day (children are welcome to bring their own packed lunch)
* week commencing 29 August is £132 as this is only a four-day week.
** day tickets will be available from 1 July, subject to availability.
Annual pass holders will benefit from a 10% discount:
Please use discount code 'ANNUALPASS10' - you will be required to provide your annual pass number when completing the registration form.
Frequently asked questions
- Childcare vouchers - unfortunately we are unable to accept childcare vouchers.
- Age restriction - the club is strictly for children age 5 - 12 years old.
- Breakfast club - breakfast will be provided although children are welcome to bring their own.
- Afternoon club - a snack will be provided although children are welcome to bring their own. The afternoon club will be a relaxed session which is likely to be held in the planetarium for a suitable film screening.
- Refreshments - children are welcome to bring their own lunch and snacks. Lunch boxes can be ordered at time of booking, these will contain a children's sandwich, drink and 3 snack items.
Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium will:
- Deliver a full day of interactive, hands-on science workshops for children, between 9am and 4pm and extended childcare as required from 8am - 9am and 4pm - 6pm on the specified dates.
- Supply two trained instructors to run the workshops. Instructors are all enhanced DBS checked, fully trained on the equipment, including awareness of risk assessments and COSHH where applicable, and have completed an online safeguarding children course.
- Take responsibility for the safeguarding and protection of the children from the moment the children are signed-in each day until the designated parent or guardian collects them.
How to book
We are currently taking week bookings. Any remaining spaces will be made available for day bookings from 1 July.
Please note: before a child can join our holiday club, a parent/guardian will be required to complete an enrolment form. This form will be sent via email at least one week before the start of the club.