Monster Science: October Half Term Holiday Club
An October half-term holiday club for children aged 5 - 9 years old based at Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium, delivered in partnership with Bright Sparks. Up to 24 children will be able to enjoy an exciting daily programme of science-themed activities utilising all areas of the Centre.
This October half term's theme is Monster Science. Activities will include creating and conducting experiments, physical and mental games and challenges and arts-based activities to help explore and explain the world around us.
Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium is committed to sparking curiosity in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). This October half term holiday club is designed to enhance a child's understanding of STEM in a fun, engaging and memorable way. Each day will focus on a different theme and no two days are the same.
Monday 23 October - Frankenstein and the skeleton in his closet
Tuesday 24 October - Hungry Human Hybrids
Wednesday 25 October - A bad case of Zombie-itis
Thursday 26 October - Are you afraid of Ghosts?
Friday 27 October - Legendary Creatures
Monday 23 - Friday 27 October, 09:00 - 16:00
A breakfast and afternoon club is available for those requiring extended childcare from 08:00 - 18:00
Prices and How to book
Week cost: £165
Day cost: £35
Breakfast club (08:00 - 09:00): £2 per child per day
Afternoon club (16:00 - 18:00): £3 per child per day
Lunch box: £4.75 per child per day (children are welcome to bring their own packed lunch)
Annual pass holders will benefit from a 10% discount. Please use discount code 'ANNUALPASS10' - you will be required to provide your annual pass number when completing the registration form.
Please note: before a child can join our holiday club, a parent/guardian will be required to complete an enrollment form. This form will be available to complete on the first day your child attends.
Frequently asked questions
- Childcare vouchers - unfortunately we are unable to accept childcare vouchers.
- Age restriction - the club is strictly for children age 5 - 9 years old.
- Breakfast club - breakfast will be provided although children are welcome to bring their own.
- Afternoon club - a snack will be provided although children are welcome to bring their own. The afternoon club will be a relaxed session which is likely to be held in the planetarium for a suitable film screening.
- Refreshments - children are welcome to bring their own lunch and snacks. Lunch boxes can be ordered at time of booking, these will contain a children's sandwich, drink and 3 snack items.
Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium will:
- Deliver a full day of interactive, hands-on science workshops for children, between 09:00 and 16:00 and extended childcare as required from 08:00 - 09:00 and 16:00 - 18:00 on the specified dates.
- Supply two trained instructors to run the workshops. Instructors are all enhanced DBS checked, fully trained on the equipment, including awareness of risk assessments and COSHH where applicable, and have completed an online safeguarding children course.
- Take responsibility for the safeguarding and protection of the children from the moment the children are signed-in each day until the designated parent or guardian collects them.
The Summer Holiday Club is organised in association with Bright Sparks Science CIC & Events Ltd