Opening Hours & Admission Prices
Science Centre & Planetarium Opening Times
Monday to Friday: 10am - 4pm
Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays: 10am - 5pm
Please be aware that during term time, school groups will be visiting from around 10am - 2pm Monday - Friday.
Hampshire school holidays
Monday to Sunday: 10am - 5pm.
Upcoming holiday periods (includes some neighbouring counties' holiday dates and INSET days):
Thursday 21 December - Thursday 4 January 2018
The Science Centre will be closed over the Christmas period from Sunday 24 December (Christmas Eve) until Tuesday 26 December (Boxing Day) and will reopen Wednesday 27 December.
Science Centre Admission Prices
General admission tickets allow full access to the hands-on exhibition area during normal opening hours, including entry to the Invention Studio. General admission does not include admission to events or the planetarium unless otherwise stated. For information about events visit our What's on page.
Children under 16 years old must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Book online now to save 10% off general entry.
Parking: onsite parking is available. A parking charge of £2 per day will be introduced shortly. Free parking for annual pass holders.
Green Discount: visitors will receive 25% off* the price of General Admission when they present their bus ticket or bike helmet. Please note, the Green Discount will be available in person for on-the-day purchases only and redeemable against the General Admission only. This discount does work in conjunction with some other offers such as the family saver ticket discount of 10%. Find out more about Green Discount here.
Senior / Students
Child (age 3-15 yrs)
Child (age 0-2 yrs)
10% discount on General Entry when paying for three or more tickets, save an additional 10% off general entry when advance booking online.
Groups, carers & birthday parties
See below for these and other offers.
Prices shown below are per seat (adult or child), per show, for daytime planetarium cinema showings.
Standard: 360o fulldome films up to 35min OR live, presenter-led shows up to 20min
Premium: extended fulldome films (over 35min) OR live shows 21-35min
Special: extended live shows (over 35min)
Standard planetarium show added to General Entry
Premium planetarium show added to General Entry
Special planetarium show added to General Entry
Standard planetarium show without General Entry
£5.00 (does not allow entry to exhibition)
Premium planetarium show without General Entry
£7.50 (does not allow entry to exhibition)
Special planetarium show without General Entry
£10/£8 (does not allow entry to exhibition)
Child aged 0-2 yrs
Free of charge if sitting on lap, but please be aware the planetarium is not recommended for children under 5 yrs. You may wish to consider attending a Chatterbox show. Please note some shows have age restrictions.
Groups, Carers and Birthday Parties
General Entry and party meal £11.20 per child; one free adult for every six children. Add a planetarium show from just £2.80 per person. Find out more.
The group saver rates offer a 20% discount on General Entry when paying for 15 or more tickets. See Group Visit pages for further information and special offers.
Beavers, Cubs and Brownies
Badge Nights on specified dates from £7.50 per child. Find out more.
Visitors with disabilities pay standard rates but may bring a carer/companion with them free of charge where this is required to enable access. This also includes Gateway Card holders.
Free entry for the whole family. Bring your foster carer card and show this at Reception.
Learn more about Gift Aid
Did you know that Winchester Science Centre is a self-funded registered educational charity?
Winchester Science Centre is an educational centre and visitor attraction. The charity is dependent on visitors for regular income to maintain the hands-on exhibits and run the planetarium cinema. As a charity, Winchester Science Centre is able to take advantage of Gift Aid rules affecting admission donations. If you are a UK taxpayer and you make a donation that is 10% more than the standard admission charge, then the Government will give the charity an extra 25% on top of your donation. It is called a Gift Aid visit. The extra money goes towards the upkeep of the site, building and new developments and is essential to ensuring that the charity can pay its bills each year.
Gift Cards can be purchased and pre-loaded with any sum of money you wish. Please call the reception team on 01962 863791 and they can help you with this. Please note Gift Card terms and conditions:
Winchester Science Centre Gift Card Terms & Conditions
- Validly activated gift cards purchased via Winchester Science Centre are redeemable in full or part payment for services or merchandise from Winchester Science Centre. Gift cards cannot be used for online bookings.
- Winchester Science Centre reserves the right to refuse the use of gift cards for specific one off events which are run at the centre.
- Winchester Science Centre gift cards may not be exchanged for cash, vouchers or as a deposit
- No change or refund will be given but any remaining balance may be applied to future purchases.
- The gift card will expire 24 months after the last use or balance enquiry and any remaining balance will be deducted.
- A Winchester Science Centre gift card remains the property of Winchester Science Centre.
- Winchester Science Centre gift cards are not cheque guarantee, credit or charge cards.
- Winchester Science Centre cannot be held liable for gift cards, once activated, which are subsequently lost, stolen, damaged or defaced.
- Winchester Science Centre reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time where it reasonably considers it necessary to do so (e.g. to change the scope of the gift card service, notify of the service's withdrawal or in the event of circumstances beyond its control). Reasonable notice of such changes will be given where possible.