Beavers, Cubs and Brownies
Winchester Science Centre & Planetarium holds monthly badge nights. Brownies, Cubs and Beavers Badge nights include a specially tailored planetarium show, activities, a drink and a snack.
Early booking strongly recommended as these events often sell out.
These evenings are designed to provide an inspirational experience in line with the requirements of the Brownies Stargazer badge and Beavers/Cubs Space Activity badges. However, please be aware some badges may require additional activities that are not possible to complete in one evening.
Booking & enquiries: contact us on 01962 863791 (8.30am - 5pm Monday - Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This special programme is only available on the dates/times shown. For weekend/holiday visits see here.
- Monday 22 January - FULL
- Tuesday 27 February - FULL
- Thursday 22 March - FULL
- Wednesday 25 April - FULL
- Tuesday 15 May
- Thursday 21 June
- Wednesday 4 July
Schedule (see below for details):
Beavers 5.45pm - 7.15pm
Brownies & Cubs 5.45pm - 8pm
Prices and booking
A £20 non-refundable deposit is required to book. On arrival, a group leader is to pay the final balance in one single amount (cash, cheque or credit card).
Please note, the Science Centre does not provide badges.
Beavers (Planetarium show, snack and badge activities)
Cubs and Brownies (Planetarium show, snack and badge activities)
Supervising adults (Planetarium show, free entry to supervise children during activitites)
Additional children (Planetarium show and hands-on exhibition entry)
With Beaver group £7.20, with Brownie or Cub group £8.20.
With prior notice and depending on availability, siblings or others with shared guardianship are welcome to join the planetarium show and then explore the hands-on exhibition (supervised by an accompanying adult) during the activities. This is to allow for cases where child-care issues would otherwise make it difficult for participating children to attend.
Please note these prices represent a discount on normal entry fees. Children may not join the badge activities or take snacks unless they are registered members of the group.
5.45pm: Beavers, brownies and cubs arrive
Planetarium - live, presenter-led show where children can practice finding the constellations and learning what is in the night sky. Children will also get to fly around the Solar System and out through the stars to see the whole galaxy. An inspirational start to the evening!
- Cubs and Brownies: One hour to work through a series of astronomy activities related to badge concepts, covering topics such as the planets, moon phases and star constellations. Includes make-and-take activities. Drinks and snack consumed during activities.
- Beavers: A short interactive talk about current space missions, the night sky and complete an exercise on the activity sheet. They will then have chance to use the science exhibits upstairs until parents come to collect at the end of the evening. Drinks and snack consumed during talk.
- Siblings of Beavers, Cubs and Brownies: Time to explore hands-on exhibition
7.15pm: Beavers and siblings of Beavers depart
8pm: Cubs, Brownies and siblings of Cubs and Brownies depart