The British Council and the British Science Association are working in partnership to enrich STEM activities in the classroom in the UK and abroad through Connecting Classrooms.
Eligible schools in the UK can:
- Partner with a school overseas to connect young people with peers across the world through international school partnerships for shared learning.
- Provide a real life global context for the STEM curriculum, and help students understand how environmental issues affect different countries.
- Share teaching experience and best practice with fellow teachers around the world. Visit your partner school and see how they teach STEM subjects.
For more information visit: https://schoolsonline.britishcouncil.org/content/uk-home-page
Tree of Life project specifically chosen to allow students to compare biodiversity, environmental issues, and community needs between their countries. The project is suitable for both CREST Bronze and CREST MegaStar.
- Climate4Classrooms provides ideas and resources to deepen your pupils’ understanding of climate change and to help them to see this complex topic in a global context.
- Professional development opportunities in global citizenship and international learning, including Connecting Classrooms online courses and face-to-face workshops near to you.
- Grants of up to £1,500 from Connecting Classrooms for teachers’ travel to help schools develop international partnerships to work together on joint curriculum projects.
- The opportunity for schools to gain free accreditation for their work through the International School Award.